Magu Probe: Victor Giwa Esq writes Johnmary Jideobi Esq, Damijay Restricted, calls for withdrawal of Defamatory DSS petition
Abuja based mostly Human Proper and structure regulation practitioner, Victor Giwa Esq, has written the Lawyer to Damijay Built-in Companies restricted, Johnmary Jideobi Esq to right away withdraw a defamatory petition he wrote to the DSS alleging prison conducts towards Mr Giwa.
In a letter addressed to Mr Jideobi, Attorneys to Mr Giwa additionally demanded an apology to be printed on two Nationwide dailies and the sum of N10 million Naira for the defamatory petition.
Mr Jideobi had within the petition to DSS accused Mr Giwa of spearheading an try by Magu Boys to extort Damijay Restricted of the sum of 75 million Naira.
Mr Giwa’s attorneys threatened that ought to Mr Jideobi and Damijay Restricted refuse to withdraw the DSS petition, they may drag them to court docket and demand the sum of 100 million Naira compensation for the libelous and defamatory publication.
See full letter beneath
4th September, 20220
John Mary Jideobi
Johnmary C. Jideobi & C0.
SUITE 12, KC PLAZA, BWARI, Highway
RE: THE PETITION OF DAMIJAY INTEGRATED SERVICES AGAINST VICTOR GIWA ESQ MR IBRAHIM MAGU AND OTHER STAFF OF THE ECONOMIC AND FINANCE CRIME COMMISSION FOR THE CRIME OF EXTORTION: THE URGENT NEED TO INVESTIGATE THE REVELATION MADE BY VICTOR GIWA ESQ IN TWO AUDIO RECORDINGS OF 27 & 4 MINS WHEREIN HE IMPLICATED MR IBRAHIM MAGU AND OTHER STAFF OF THE COMMISSION IN THE CRIME OF EXTORTION TO THE TUNE OF SEVENTY –FIVE MILLION NAIRA .
We write as counsel to Victor Giwa Esq, hereinafter shall be known as our Consumer, on whose behalf we write you this letter. Our Consumer has knowledgeable us and we’ve learn, studied and do consider as true of the followings:
- That you’ve by a Petition dated 27th August,2020 addressed to the Director-Common, State Safety Companies ,Aso Drive, Asokoro, Abuja ,brought about a publication of identical c via varied social media platforms namely- www.barristerng.com , www.thenigerialawyer.com and others , had requested that our shopper be investigated ‘for the crime of extortion’.
- You had within the stated petition below reference said that our shopper ‘…knowledgeable our shopper that the brokers of the EFCC are demanding for a whooping 75million naira(N75,000,000,00) which they later elevated to 40% of the entire sum within the firm’s account …’
iii. You’ve got additionally said within the petition that “… Barrister Fatima Hassan who from all account is barrister Victor’s accomplice in crime.’
You’ve got maliciously, brought about the stated materials to be circulated in varied media wherein you’ve brought about to be maligned our shopper’s hard-earned status by inputting to our shopper’s character, the ‘crime of extortion’.
For the report, our shopper is a widely known, human rights and structure regulation practitioner, who has been within the forefront of the protection of human rights of residents in Nigeria. He has obtained awards from varied organizations for his robust place and protection for human rights in Nigeria amongst others. Our Consumer is a public commentator and analyst and has obtained nice suggestions from noble personalities inside and out of doors Nigeria.
It’s our place that the publication and imputation made by your self, Damijay Built-in Companies and Donald Wokoma, you performing on their behalf, via your petition and the following publication of the stated petition in varied media is malicious, defamatory and libelous and it’s meant to tint our shopper’s status.
This stated publication is able to discrediting our shopper in his workplace, commerce and occupation.
Consequently, we’re by this letter requesting that you simply JOHNMARY C.JIDEOBI, DAMIJAY INTEGRATED SERVICES AND DONALD WOKOMA collectively and severally do the next:
- That you just brought about to be printed an unreserved apology to our shopper in two nationwide newspaper and on the identical social media platforms -www. barristerng.com, www.thenigerialawyer.com inside 14 days of receipt of this letter.
- That you just withdraw all petitions written towards our shopper inside 14days of receipt of this letter.
- Paid the sum of N10Million for accidents performed to our shopper because of your publication.
Take discover that ought to you fail, neglect or refuse to impact our shopper request, we will after the 14 days interval demand for a 100 million naira compensation for libelous and defamatory publication made towards our shopper in a court docket of regulation.
We hope this be handled urgently.
For Marcus Edmund & Legal professional
Win your Courtroom instances immediately, Get Inexpensive Supreme Courtroom Legislation Studies >> CLICK HERE
BESTSELLER: Get A-Z of latest legal guidelines of ELECTRONIC EVIDENCE in Nigeria By Alaba Omolaye-Ajileye. To ORDER, sms or name : +2347063666998, +2348159307051 or e-mail email@example.com
The Studies comprise beneficial and unusual locus classicus for Authorized analysis, opinion, and advocacy. Seize your copy now!!! Name 07044444777 or 08181999888.
Go to our web site: www.alexandernigeria.com/