Communiqué Issued At The Finish of The Emergency Assembly of The Chapter Presidents of Fifteen (15) Colleges of Legislation in Nigeria held on Saturday, September 12, 2020
The Emergency assembly of the heads of the fifteen chapters of the undersigned establishments was necessitated by complete breakdown of legislation and order, flagrant violation of the Legislation College students’ Affiliation of Nigeria (LAWSAN) Structure earlier than and through the election of officers in the LAWSAN Nationwide conference, deliberate rigging by the outgoing nationwide President Emmanuel Eze Nwobodo, recklessness and absolute disregard for the issues and grievances of different Lawsanites.
The assembly was essential to deliberate on points regarding the state of our affiliation. After intensive and exhaustive deliberations, we the undersigned chapter heads have arrived on the following resolutions:
COMMENTS & RESOLUTIONS:
- A. We dismiss as unacceptable the disclosing of a model new structure by the outgoing Nationwide President presupposed to be assented to by him within the early morning hours of the election day regardless of being duly despatched to him for assent by the Senate since August 20 and opposite to part 40 (2) and (3) of the LAWSAN Structure which empowered him to singlehandedly appoint the members of the LAWSAN Electoral Committee (LECOM) towards the present legislation and established ideas that had prevailed within the affiliation since its creation the place by chapter heads current and nominate members that may represent the LECO In exercising this energy arbitrarily, the outgoing President forwarded six names on the day of the election, opposite to part 1(4) of the LAWSAN Electoral Act, all of whom had been discovered unqualified in the midst of ratification by the Senate with one unknown Ezewan Stanley who was named by Mr. Nwobodo as Chairman and who claimed to be a closing yr scholar of Madonna College failing to current any dependable type of identification or proof of being a scholar of the stated establishment nor any establishment for that matter. And that Mr President didn’t signal the amended Structure throughout the ample time expressly began within the Structure, which made the stated Structure to be retroactive in nature.
Extra so, the outgoing President intentionally didn’t append the date after he signed which the rationale for such was greatest recognized to him.
- B. The subjective LECOM so appointed by the President unjustly disqualified an eminently certified presidential candidate, and failed/refused to disqualify the President’s anointed candidate, Mr. Blessing Agbomhere who’s a 500 degree scholar of Baze College, grossly unqualified to contest by advantage of part
16(2)(a) of the LAWSAN structure which requires any particular person working for the
workplace of the President to return from a penultimate yr (400 Stage) in addition to part 16(2)(b) of the identical structure which requires any candidate aspiring to run for the workplace of the President to have attended a minimum of a earlier nationwide conference of the LAWSAN.
- C. The LECOM and President conspired to repair the outrageous costs for nomination kinds with that of the President for ₦50,000 which quantities to about 500% enhance on the speed at which presidential election kinds had been bought in all earlier LAWSAN Nationwide elections since its creation, an try and disenfranchise Lawsanites whom lack the posh of mentioning or parting with such large quantities throughout the brief interval of an hour as specified/required by the notic
- That the election venue was closely militarized by the outgoing President, Mr. Emmanuel Nwobodo, and the purportedly elected President, Blessing Agbomhere, who was intentionally appointed to chair the conference regardless of being a presidential aspirant.
- That the conference venue was rigged by Blessing’s posters/banners and different election publicity supplies utilizing his anointed place as Chairman of the Nationwide Conference Committee with assistance from the outgoing Nationwide President regardless of requires him to recuse himself.
- F. That previous to the election, Blessing Agbomhere’s marketing campaign staff, together with his approval, employed a number of makes an attempt and theatrics to divide the affiliation alongside ethnic and spiritual traces with the tacit approval of the outgoing nationwide president and his kitchen cupboard.
- That Blessings conference committee fraudulently registered college students from different establishments underneath establishments like American College of Nigeria, Taraba State College, and so on. whose college students the place not current on the conference floor and even the likes of Gombe State College that don’t also have a school of legislation in any respect.
- That the outgoing President, Emmanuel Nwobodo and his agent, strategically campaigned for Mr. Blessing Agbomhere, and influenced the result of the elections.
- I. That the outgoing President used his workplace to affect the choice of voters with guarantees of appointments, favours and even went to the extent of providing to bribe one of many presidential candidates in change for him stepping down for Mr. Blessing.
- J. We, the undersigned, as chapter heads, Distinguished Senators and stakeholders in our personal rights observe these acts with nice displeasure and accordingly communicated our protest to the outgoing President and the electoral committee, all of whom appeared to be working for Blessing and subsequently gave no listening ear.
- We frown at this calculated try and impose an unqualified particular person utilizing the authority of the outgoing President towards clear provisions of our structure and the needs of our members.
WHEREOF we, after thorough deliberations and due consultations, hereby declare the LAWSAN Nationwide Election held at Zeus Paradise Resort, Abuja on September 12,
2020 as unlawful, unacceptable, null and void, and likewise declare the purportedly elected president as an illegitimate candidate. We keep that LAWSAN is a confederacy and is professional solely to the extent to which it’s empowered by the chapters.
Accordingly, we now have resolved to withdraw our membership of the Legislation College students’ Affiliation of Nigeria (LAWSAN Nationwide physique) as presently constituted and administered till our issues are addressed, failing which we will convene a brand new election on the occasion of our overwhelming members.
We guarantee our members that it is a struggle for them and to safeguard the soul, fame and integrity of our affiliation as legislation college students, as “the one factor needed for the triumph of evil is for good folks to do nothing”
Aluta Continua! Victoria Ascerta!!
Dated this twelfth day of September, 2020
Signed at Zeus Paradise Resort, Mabushi Abuja by the inside named; for all of us:
Isiyaku Ahmed Danlawan Apampa Saheed
Ahmadu Bello College, Zaria Lagos State College, Ojo
Yusuf Shittu Bashir Muhammad Bello
Bauchi State College Umaru Musa YarAdua Uni. Katsina
Chisom Valuable Muhammad A. Tsamiya
College of Abuja Usman Danfodiyo College, Sokoto
Uge Samuel Aliyu Lawan Tikau
Benue State College, Makurdi Yobe State College
Musa Ameer Sallau Sen. Lawal Yusuff Aderawo
Nassarawa State College, Keffi Kwara State College, Malete
Mundi Kyemang Raymond Uchechukwu
College of Jos Gregory College, Uturu, Abia State
- The Honourable Lawyer-Common and Commissioner of Justice and Grand Patron, LAWSAN
- President, Nigerian Bar Affiliation
- The Chief Justice of Nigeria
07039496554 (Danlawan) | 08067979970 (Bashir) | 08101620336 (Valuable)
Win your Court docket circumstances at this time, Get Reasonably priced Supreme Court docket Legislation Reviews >> CLICK HERE
BESTSELLER: Get A-Z of up to date legal guidelines of ELECTRONIC EVIDENCE in Nigeria By Alaba Omolaye-Ajileye. To ORDER, sms or name : +2347063666998, +2348159307051 or e-mail email@example.com
The Reviews comprise worthwhile and unusual locus classicus for Authorized analysis, opinion, and advocacy. Seize your copy now!!! Name 07044444777 or 08181999888.
Go to our web site: www.alexandernigeria.com/