PUBLIC NOTICE: “Disclaimer of A Assertion Purportedly Issued in Defence of Mr. John O Asein Director-Common of The Nigerian Copyright Fee (NCC) in Respect of Investigation By The Code of Conduct Bureau and The ICPC”
The eye of Dr. Tonye Clinton Jaja Chairman of the Governing Board of the Nigerian Copyright Fee (NCC) has been drawn to a latest faux information that’s circulating on sure on-line newspapers and social media platforms. In a nutshell, the information falsely alleged that majority of the members of the Governing Board of the NCC should not in help of the advice of the suspension of Mr John Asein the Director-Common of the NCC till completion of his investigations by the Code of Conduct Bureau and the ICPC.
For the avoidance of any doubts, please kindly be aware the next:
1. In response to Rule 34 of the 2005 Guidelines of Process of the Governing Board of the Nigerian Copyright Fee (NCC), it’s only the Chairman of the Governing Board of the NCC that may authenticate any resolution(s) of the Governing Board of the NCC earlier than such a doc will be circulated.
In accordance with this Rule and different related Guidelines, the Chairman of the Governing Board of the NCC has solely authorised the issuance of a letter dated twenty second September 2020 recommending the suspension of Mr John Asein till completion of his investigation by the Code of Conduct Bureau and the ICPC. The mentioned letter additionally incorporates the written choices of members of the Governing Board of the NCC stating there help for the choice of the Chairman of the Governing Board of the NCC. This was in compliance with Rule 7 of the 2005 Guidelines of Process of the Governing Board of the NCC.
2. Along with the mentioned letter of twenty second September 2020, the Chairman of the Governing Board of the NCC enclosed a proper a call for participation dated 14th August 2020 from the Code of Conduct Bureau concerning the investigation of Mr John Asein.
Additionally, enclosed was an affidavit dated twenty fourth August 2020 sworn earlier than a Commissioner of Oaths on the Excessive Courtroom of the Federal Capital Territory. This affidavit was to confirm the authenticity of each the written and oral proof that Dr. Tonye Clinton Jaja Chairman of the Governing Board of the NCC submitted to the Code of Conduct Bureau.
3. As a law-abiding citizen who believes and strictly adheres to due course of and the rule of regulation, the Chairman of the Governing Board of the NCC recommends that the aggrieved members of the Governing Board of the NCC ought to apply the identical authorized steps by going earlier than the Code of Conduct Bureau and deposing to an affidavit if they’re so satisfied of the innocence of Mr. John Asein within the face of the weighty allegations.
4. Members of the Public are subsequently suggested to ignore any assertion (s) issued by some other particular person aside from the Chairman of the Governing Board of the NCC (particularly when the purported issuer of the mentioned assertion doesn’t have an accompanying an affidavit sworn to earlier than a court docket of regulation).
5. Lastly, members of the Public are suggested to notice that the Workplace of the Inspector-Common of Police of Nigeria (Federal Bureau of Investigation) is presently investigating situations of forgery of paperwork referring to the Nigerian Copyright Fee (NCC), they’re subsequently suggested to verify from the Workplace of the Chairman of the Governing Board of the NCC the veracity of any public assertion they discover on-line or on social media.
Win your Courtroom instances in the present day, Get Reasonably priced Supreme Courtroom Legislation Studies >> CLICK HERE
BESTSELLER: Get A-Z of up to date legal guidelines of ELECTRONIC EVIDENCE in Nigeria By Alaba Omolaye-Ajileye. To ORDER, sms or name : +2347063666998, +2348159307051 or e mail firstname.lastname@example.org
The Studies include beneficial and unusual locus classicus for Authorized analysis, opinion, and advocacy. Seize your copy now!!! Name 07044444777 or 08181999888.
Go to our web site: www.alexandernigeria.com/