The Exorbitant Value of Buying A Kiosk at Akwa Ibom State Christmas Village: A Name for Assessment -By Ndi Aquaisua Esq.
The fee to accumulate a kiosk at this yr’s Christmas village in Akwa Ibom State goes for Ninety thousand Naira (N90,000.00) for only a thirty day jamboree which the kiosk proprietor is predicted to recuperate his capital and likewise make revenue amidst stiff competitors. That is towards the Fourty 5 thousand Naira (N45,000.00) which a kiosk went for final yr even after we had no COVID-19.
That is coming barely few weeks after the lifting of the ban on COVID-19 lockdown by the state Authorities. In the course of the lockdown interval, numerous companies suffered losses and a few companies couldn’t survive the hardship brought on by the lockdown and have been wound up. Akwa Ibomites are dropping their jobs as each people and companies face undaunted challenges as a result of snowballing results of the COVID-19 pandemic at present ravaging the economic system.
Abraham Lincoln (1809-1865) outlined democracy as Authorities of the folks, by the folks, for the folks. It means folks‘s authorities and it seeks the folks’s consent in decision-making or governance. Nevertheless, in Akwa Ibom State, the phrase democracy means one thing completely completely different from what we all know it to be.
The eye of the State Governor, His Excellency, Deacon Udom Emmanuel is hereby drawn to the exploitative actions of the Ministry of Tradition and Tourism led by Hon. Orman Esin which if nothing is completed about it, will trigger untold hardship on the good folks of Akwa Ibom State and can garbage the DAKAADA philosophy of the Deacon Udom Emmanuel led Adminstration which seeks to make sure that Akwa Ibomites are up and doing. Proprietors of small companies will discover it laborious to “DAKAADA” on this yr’s Christmas Village.
As an alternative of the Ministry of Tradition and Tourism to assist enhance non-public companies by decreasing the price of renting a kiosk on the Akwa Ibom Christmas Village, it’s quite attempting to make use of this chance to rob and milk some non-public enterprise proprietors dry within the state by placing the price of a kiosk at Ninety thousand Naira (N90,000.00) for only a thirty day jamboree on the Akwa Ibom State Christmas Village when the price of renting a store at in style markets/streets inside the state is less than Sixty thousand Naira (N60,000.00) each year.
Although the State Government Council has accredited that the 2020 Christmas pageant ought to maintain however with strict observance of the Covid-19 security protocols, It’s noteworthy that almost all Akwa Ibomites will likely be scared to return out for an open occasion like this for worry of contracting COVID-19. It will result in a low turnout of individuals and proprietors of companies may discover it very tough to recuperate the capital they injected into the enterprise discuss much less of creating revenue. It will little doubt create untold hardship to the good folks of Akwa Ibom State.
The Ministry of Tradition and Tourism is just considering arm twisting the lots to get the stated outrageous sum of Ninety thousand Naira (N90,000.00) and nothing else. Small enterprise proprietors who may reach paying the outrageous sum of Ninety thousand Naira (N90,000.00) for a kiosk on the Christmas Village will in flip promote their items at costly costs to Akwa Ibomites and vacationers that can ultimately go there to have enjoyable.
There are specific questions which can be begging for solutions comparable to:
(1) Had been Akwa Ibomites consulted earlier than the outrageous sum of Ninety thousand Naira (N90,000.00) was imposed on them by the Ministry of Tradition and Tourism?
(2) What are the applications lined up by the Ministry of Tradition and Tourism to attract patronage with a view to promote gross sales and likewise assist traders recuperate their capital and make revenue as nicely?
(3) Can the stated sum of Ninety thousand Naira (N90,000.00) for a kiosk be allowed to be paid by instalments?
(4) Will the Ministry of Tradition and Tourism present un-interupted energy provide to all of the small enterprise proprietors all through the stated thirty days jamboree?
(5) Why would the Ministry of Tradition and Tourism cost such an exorbitant quantity when the land allotted for this 12 months’s Christmas Village is owned by the State Authorities?
(6) Will the traders be assured free and sufficient safety service all through the period of the stated occasion?
(7) How will the outrageous value of N90,000.00 for a kiosk enhance the monetary situation of small companies within the Christmas Village inside the interval.
(8) By January, 2021, will the revenue made by the small enterprise proprietors allow them to pay faculty charges, pay home hire and do all method of issues after deducting the sum of Ninety thousand Naira (N90,000.00) being the price of renting a kiosk minus different bills they incurred in the course of the thirty day jamboree?
Akwa Ibomites working in virtually all of the sectors have been affected by the COVID-19 pandemic and we name on the Authorities of Akwa Ibom State underneath the management of His Excellency, Deacon Udom Emmanuel to as a matter of utmost urgency order the Ministry of Tradition and Tourism to overview the price of buying a kiosk at this yr’s Christmas Village which is able to Kickstart on 1st December, 2020.
Ndi Aquaisua Esq.
Uyo based mostly Authorized Practitioner
CLICK HERE TO BUY NIGERIAN CURRENT BEST-SELLER ON LAW AND PRACTICE OF COURT MARTIAL IN NIGERIA
Win your Court docket instances right this moment, Get Inexpensive Supreme Court docket Regulation Studies >> CLICK HERE
BESTSELLER: Get A-Z of up to date legal guidelines of ELECTRONIC EVIDENCE in Nigeria By Alaba Omolaye-Ajileye. To ORDER, sms or name : +2347063666998, +2348159307051 or e mail email@example.com
The Studies comprise invaluable and unusual locus classicus for Authorized analysis, opinion, and advocacy. Seize your copy now!!! Name 07044444777 or 08181999888.
Go to our web site: www.alexandernigeria.com/